Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

The Gardens

Here's a series of paintings I've been wanting to do for a long time. Awhile ago I read an article about the atonement, and how we wouldn't have needed Christ to atone for our sins if Adam and Eve hadn't partaken of the fruit of good and evil, and how both of those things were part of Heavenly Father's plan for us. I can't remember where I was reading about this, probably in the Ensign magazine, but basically the Fall, Atonement, and Resurrection are interrelated. It made me think about how they all happened in gardens, and the idea for these paintings has been mulling in the back of my head for awhile. I liked the idea of no people in the paintings, just because it is a little different, and it helps you to think about the setting that Adam and Eve and Christ were in during these most important events in history. So here is The Garden of Eden, The Garden of Gethsemane, and the Garden Tomb.
I found a scripture that illustrates this concept in 1 Corinthians 15:20-21:

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept.

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.




No comments: