Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Scrapbooking Goals for 2012

Love that quote! I've been thinking about my scrapbooking goals for this year. I did okay last year, a little better than 2010, not quite as many pages scrapped but more events. I got 126 pages scrapped last year and 50 events done. At least I got closer to my goal this year than last! One of my new year's resolutions is to not move this year :) Hopefully that will help me to actually complete my scrapbooking goals this year!
I've become very inspired by the layouts from Weeds & Wildflowers, particularly Gina's. I have tried in the past to scrap with the idea that I will do one page very detailed for an event, and the rest very simply. But then I get into doing a 2 page spread and it takes just as long. So now that I've found some inspiration for simple layouts (although mine aren't quite so simple), I am scrapping WAY faster! I want to get all these pictures/memories printed into books so we can enjoy them easily! Here's an example:

So now that I've finally sped up the process a little, I've made some goals for 2012. I'm all about do-able goals, and so I've calculated exactly how many I need to do to get my family blog post events (2008-2011) and the rest of 2008 done. I have the goal of scrapping 100 events this year. I'm off to a good start I think with 11 pages done this year and 7 events done. Here's how I keep track of what I need to scrap:
The first column of 1's is the "to do" pages, the next is "in progress", and the last is "done". I also write down the date I complete the page. I just love to make checks off of lists once I'm done with something, so this is my little checklist. Sometimes I'll go through and type in a kit I'm thinking of to use for that event on the right of the event, that saves a little bit of time!

No comments: